1.30.2007

Free

When I travel, even on business, I inevitably get this sense of freedom as soon as I arrive in an unfamiliar city. I am continually amazed at how I can just show up somewhere and easily find my way through the network of roads and people and intentions and easily navigate to my destination. I love the feeling of zipping through the world as if everything I want and need are anticipating my arrival.

Today, I had that feeling as I drove south on the 5 from Seattle to Portland. In traffic. Sounds like a strange place to have the sense of freedom, but I did! And as the speeds picked up and the sun started setting through the forest of trees that line the highway, it really set in. I felt free, free, free! I had no hotel reservation and no timeline and for two short hours, no one really knew where I was except me.

I do believe that the basis of life is freedom. I am so free that I can choose bondage. Or not. It's all in my thinking. In every moment, no matter what my circumstances, I am free to choose any thought I want to think. I am free to change course, choose newly. Just knowing that is liberating.

Now...we create with our thought and we are free to think anything -- what an extraordinary concept. The question really becomes, do I dare think beyond where I have thought before? Seriously, it is not always an easy task to get out of our comfortable boxes to think beyond what already is.

So time to turn in and dream a little. I'd love to hear ideas about what you would think about and create if you could really think anything...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Donna,

I'm on the BlogHer advisory board and love your blog for its inviting and encouraging tone. Would you be interested in PR job that involves blogging about a health-related product? If so, contact whoisylvia@aol.com.