1.27.2007

Namaste

I love yoga. I am so thrilled with my new class and love practicing 'live' once a week. I do admit, I push myself quite a bit harder in a room full of people than I do with my DVD. But practice in the evenings is also wonderful and I am so appreciative of my great DVDs that support my commitment.

People ask me quite often, "What is yoga?" "Is it stretching?" "Is it meditation?" "Is it spiritual?" For me, yoga is a way of life and the practice of yoga is a deliberate connection of my body with my breath. Yoga is a workout, but that's not all it is. Yoga keeps me flexible and strong, but that's not all it does. Yoga relaxes me and quiets my mind, but there is more.

What I love about yoga the most is that it helps me to hold more light. All exercise does, really, but yoga is special because of the conscious integration and control of the breath. Breath brings light and light is the essence of all that is. It is our light that makes us extraordinary.

It's really that simple and I think most people miss it. When I grow up, I want to be a yoga teacher so that I can lead eager people through the wonder of yoga to grow strong, flexible, confident and quiet...to help them shine more brightly.

I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences with yoga; especially if the practice is part of what makes you extraordinary.

No comments: