11.23.2006

My new side job

Yesterday was spa day. I totally unplugged and headed to Pacific Waters Spa. Just me for a quiet day alone.

Bliss! I was truly pleasantly surprised. I have been to a few spas, but this was the first one in a while to get all the basics right. It wasn't outrageous, just simple with attention to detail in all the right places.

My therapist Sabrina was absolutely fantistic. Down to earth but intuitive and skilled -- a very hard combination to find!! She quickly adapted our session to my requests and sent me into that dreamy, floaty place that good massages take you.

The best part of the day was lingering. Arriving early and lingering, staying late and lingering. No phones, no email, no requests of me, just quiet lingering in a warm, feel-good place. I'd highly recommend a day like this to anyone!

So I decided I need a new side job -- a spa reviewer!! Of course, I would only look for and write about the things that I liked about each place, since our thoughts are magnetic, I would want to put all my thought and writing into the best parts of the experience so that I can attract more just like it!

Seriously though, I did make a personal commitment to do this again sooner rather than later. No timelines but a personal commitment to explore more spas and take more downtime to linger in wonderful, warm, beautiful places.

Aaah... The memory still lingers.

No comments: