11.29.2006

Goodbye, Greg

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I guess I became a huge Wiggles fan. Both of my kids have grown up singing and dancing to the four-man group's happy, upbeat songs.

I remember the first time I saw the Wiggles at a neighbor's house. I didn't know what to make of the group of grown men singing and bopping around. I guess you can say it grew on me.

I was so sad to hear today that lead singer Greg Page was turning over his yellow jersey, or skivvy as they call them, due to illness. It seems like it's the smart thing and the right thing, so I wish him all the best health and happiness. But for my kids, this will really be their first "end of an era."

BTW, did you realize the Wiggles were some of the highest paid performers in the world? Amazing but true.

All the best, Greg! We'll miss your magic but are sure to be keeping your song and dance around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sad indeed! He's had a rough year. It's also rumered that he is no longer married. No ring in on that finger anymore! Hopefully 2007 will bring him better luck.

Anonymous said...

Tough year for Greg. I also heard that he was no longer married. Comments about a missing ring on his left hand. Hope 2007 brings him better luck.