11.17.2006

If Life Was a Soundtrack

There's a music meme that I have seen floating around on a few people's blogs and I thought I'd have a little fun on a Friday and give it a shot myself.

Here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, winamp, media player, iPod)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. New question-- Press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool

It is interesting to see what comes up at random. Is it true that nothing is random? Or maybe everything is random, I guess it just depends of your philosophy. Those that know me know where I stand on that one.

So now let's see what happens...

If your life were a soundtrack, what would the music be?

Opening credits:
“C is for Cookie” Kids Direct

Waking up:
“Star Me Kitten” REM

First day at school:
“Fall Down” Toad the Wet Sprocket

Falling in love:
“Untogether” Belly

Breaking up:
“I Caught Fire" The Used

Prom:
“Jesus Walking on the Water” Violent Femmes

Life's okay:
“Where It’s At” Beck

Mental breakdown:
“Smile Like You Mean It” The Killers

Driving:
“Wicked Ways” Garbage

Flashback:
“So Much to Say” Dave Matthews

Getting back together:
“First Date” Blink 182

Wedding:
“Beautiful Way” Beck

Birth of child:
“What’s the Frequency, Kenneth” REM

Final battle:
“New Beginning” Tracy Chapman

Death scene:
“Freedom Fighter” Creed

Funeral song:
“Mountain” Tonic

End credits:
“Come Talk to Me” Peter Gabriel

------------------

Let's just say it wouldn't make for the best workout mix...

That my opening would be a kids song is too funny. Thank goodness they didn't all show up that way! And at least it wasn't Lawrence Welk to set the tone -- I'm making a CD for my grandma's 90th birthday so all those oldies are in there. And it seems like a few songs would make sense just more switched with another category (falling in love/breaking up and final battle/death scene). Should I read into that? As for the rest, I'm going to have to make a playlist of these so I can listen to them in context!

Anyway, it was fun. Give it a try!

No comments: