10.10.2006

Doing the Hustle

"Work Smarter, Not Harder," is a popular phrase and one that I've been thinking about lately. As my days fill up with endless numbers of tasks, I've found that one of the hardest things for me to do is keep my commitment to "working smarter."

It's not that I don't want to. Planning and visualizing is one of the most enjoyable things that I do and is what I have translated "working smarter" to mean for me.

But as any working mom knows, balancing family and full-time work means overtime hustle. I consistently streamline, delegate and automate as much as possible to create that 30 minutes of quiet time at the beginning and end of the day. Let me clarify -- 30 minutes of alert quiet time is what I'm after, not 30 minutes of more sleep (though that would be nice too!).

Ultimately, I want to use the time to create the space in my day in order to create alert quiet time more often in order to create the space in my day in order to create alert time more often...see what I'm getting at?

So in just my few minutes of rambling here, I've talked myself into it... it's time to create!

No comments: