3.11.2007

Save the World!

It seems that I cannot get too far into anything without someone trying to recruit me to save the world. Even my new magazine subscription. The interesting thing is that to convince me, they go so deeply into the description of what is so terrible that needs fixing that there is no vision of what they are wanting to accomplish or create other than: Not this.

Don't get me wrong: There are certainly things that I would change about the world to make it a better place for everyone. But it is my commitment to put my energy and focus into a positive vision of the future, not into fighting against the "bad stuff." I would be much more inspired to join in if people took the extra step of articulating or painting a picture of the ideal outcome they are creating.

I guess it is the "news" philosophy: Drama sells. Well, as more and more people pay attention to the discipline of living consciously, I am optimistic that we will find that vision wins over drama any day of the week.

The takeaway for me: I'm committed to finding communities that I align with and can fully embrace, contribute to and put my energy into. My daughter's school is one of those places. I'm eager to find more, even if it takes wading through the contrast to get to the vision.

No comments: