2.21.2007

The Spa

Today was spa day. I ventured out and tried a new spa for me, The Spa and Fitness Club at South Coast.

This article summed it up. While the atmosphere didn't lend itself to lingering, overall, the spa experience was wonderful and the massage treatment (80 minute combo) was pure bliss. Kathie was absolutely fabulous, both skilled and intuitive and that truly made the day worth it.

I'm more of a lingerer when I want to do the spa on a day off. This spa isn't built for that. The small space, chattering clientele along with the television(!), newspaper and phone in the lounge made it feel more like home than an escape from the world.

The spa offers memberships and I can clearly see that if you want to use it more like a gym - quick in and out trips - it would be wonderful.

No comments: