2.19.2007

Shift

I'm on vacation this week so had a bit of time to browse for good stuff. I just found this 17 second timer and was reminded once again how quickly 17 seconds flies by!

Why 17 seconds? Because if we focus our thoughts or attention on something for as little as 17 seconds, our vibration will shift to begin to match it. You can actually feel the shift in many cases. It is the first "ignition point" of our thought. In just 68 seconds, according to Abraham, you've launched a full-blown creation.

Now, you can take that to both the positive, deliberate thought and to thinking by default, too. How long do I dwell on something when it makes me mad? How long do commercials try to focus my attention on a feeling to make me what to buy? It reminded me why our family does not watch the news. How long could you stare at the newscast of things you don't want? Or let your kids do that?

It made me appreciate even more the resources such as Hay House Radio and the meditation recordings that Summer McStravick of Flowdreaming puts together and the variety of resources by Orin and Daben. There are so many ways to keep our thoughts focused in the direction we want and so many resources to help us practice. I'm always looking for more positive resources, so if you know of any, please comment!

So the trick is, find things that feel good and savor them! And when you find things that do not feel good, shift your focus as fast as you can!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your link to the time.

P.S. Something is vibrating on the same level - we've picked the same template. aftertheabuse.blogspot.com