12.06.2006

23 degrees

It's a crisp 23 degrees in Chigago and actually, that's not so bad. It's the first time I've been "on the ground" in Chigago since I was 5 years old. Note that my daughter is now 5 years old, so that's a bit strange.

I must admit, though, I'm not really in Chigago -- more like just outside O'Hare, which isn't really the same. But I did get a chance to eat at a mid-western sports bar tonight (thumbs down) and Nicks Seafood (thumbs up) last night. I've decided that next time I'm here I'll see if John can join me for a couple of extra days. It would be fun to explore together.

The hardest part about traveling is calling home. I miss my little sweeties!! And now that they both can really hold conversations on the phone, it makes me miss them even more. I do enjoy getting out and about, though I like these short trips best.

I've decided to turn in early. I know that perhaps I should be more social but alone time is nice too. It's easy to stay out late with the time change, but morning does roll around early. So last night was social hour and tonight is quiet. Besides, I've run out of my "per diem" allowance, and would have to buy my own drinks anyway. What's fun about that! : )

No comments: